THE NATIONAL CADETS CORPS (NCC)
The NCC Army wing (Boys) with strength of 75 cadets was instituted in the college in the year 1972. The army wing (girls) was commissioned in 2011 to achieve the following aims & objectives.
- To develop character, comradeship, discipline, leadership, secular outlook, spirit of adventure, sportsman and ideals of selfless service among the youth of the country.
- To create a human resource of organized, trained and motivated youth, to provide leadership in all walks of life and always be available for the service of the nation.
- To provide a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the armed forces.
The army wing (boys) in being commanded over by Capt. Girija Prasad Tripathy while Miss. Archana Patnaik commands the Army wing (Girls) in the College. The training period for the cadets in the NCC spans over for three years, in order to be eligible for ‘B’ certificate examination, cadets are required to attend the mandatory ATC/CATC in the second year of their being in NCC. The Cadets shall attend a similar camp in the third year of their services which renders them eligible for ‘C’ certificate examination.
NCC CADETS ARE ENTITLED TO THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS :
- 10 and 15% of additional Weightage of marks over and above the marks secured in aggregate in last examination for higher studies of successful completion of "B & C" certificate examination respectively.
- In specific cases successful cadets of ‘C’ certificate examination are directly accessed to interviews for jobs with exemption from written qualifying tests.
- Weightage vide provisions are extended to the certificate holders in the job avenues of Government and Private sectors.
- A host of scholarship facilities are provided to meritorious cadets’ securing 65% in Science & 55% in Arts of marks at higher secondary level of study.
- Cadets rendering distinguished services at the national level are entitled to incentives including conferment of the Governor’s Gold Medal and Chief Minister’s Gold Medal with cash prize of Rs.7600/- & 5500/- respectively.
- Cadets need to imbibe the spirit of service by being a part of the promotional and social programmes and remain physically fit with active participation in the rigorous schedule of physical training taken up by the NCC.