Rayagada Autonomous College was established in the year 1966 as a sequel to the efforts of the local intelligentia. It was inaugurated by the then chief Minister Sjkt. Sadasiva Tripathy. The college is affiliated to the Berhampur University, Berhampur and the Council of Higher Secondary Education, Odisha, Bhubaneswar.
The College is under the administrative control of
- The Department of Higher Education, Govt of Odisha, Bhubaneswar.
- The Regional Director, Higher Education, Berhampur.
- The Governing Body, Rayagada Autonomous College, Rayagada.
The College has attained Autonomous Status in the year 2007 and certified at ‘B’ level by the NAAC and Re-Accreditation in 2015 by the same grade.
In nearly fifty years of its Journey the college has stood out to be the biggest Non-Government College in the Southern Odisha. Being situated in the district headquarter-town of Rayagada the college shares boarder areas of Gajapati, Kandhamal, Kalahandi and Koraput districts of Odisha and the Vizianagaram district of Andhra Pradesh. It has sound and direct rail connectivity with the major cities including New Delhi and Bhubaneswar. The nearest Air travel facility is available at the distance of 260 Kms.
The peripheral industrial establishment in the Vicinity of the college notably the J.K. paper Ltd., The IMFA and the Aditya Alumina Ltd., Which draw human resources from across the country contribute greatly to give the college a unique look. The inmates transact diverse languages of the different regions of the Country.
The College imparts a five year studies in Arts, Science and Commerce under 10+2+3 Pattern of education. The faculty combines in it the wisdom of the experience and the brilliance of the freshers.
The College boast of the excellences of a sizable chunk of its alumni who have been successful to scale the summits in their professional careers, facilities provided by the institution include:
- Furnished hostels for boys.
- On campus furnished hostel for girls.
- Well equipped Libraries, Reading Room and Laboratories.
- Language and Communication Laboratory.
- Extension Forums Viz NCC, NSS, JRC
- UGC sponsored scheme Viz Remedial Coaching, Entry in to Service, Equal Opportunity Cell, Placement Cell, Grievance Redresall Cell, and Anti-ragging Cell (All contribute together to maintaining a healthy academic on the campus.
- Wifi Campus
The Government of Odisha, The University Grants Commission and the elected Representatives have all been generous for being the Patrons of the college.