The self defence training programme for college girls implemented by Odisha government is a flagship programme under state youth policy announced in the year 2013.
• To impart self defence training to maximum number of girl students at college level.
• To empower women.
• To make them able to defend against physical assault.
• To build self-confidence and physical skill.
• To develop a vibrant youth force in the state.
For giving training at college level, master trainers are selected.
• The Principal of the nodal college selects active and sportive girl students preferably from NSS, NCC, Red Cross, Rover and Ranger background with strong aptitude for master trainer training and sponsor their names to the training institute.
• Master trainers are trained by the trainers of Utkal Karate School, Bhubaneswar. The duration of training is 7 days.
• For giving training at college level, a batch comprising 30 students is trained by a master trainer for one-hour duration in a day for two weeks excluding Sundays and holidays. Total numbers of training days are 12 days.